We started Memorial Day weekend off a little early last night with a spur of the moment dinner out, soaking up the beauty of our town. So full of gratitude!
And if it’s been a bad week, just shake it off!
I want to spend every minute I can outdoors, but our forecast has a bunch of rain in it so I may get into some of the books I want to read…
Unfortunately, my friend Michelle won’t be getting outside. I went to see her in the hospital today where she’s on bed rest waiting for her 3rd baby to arrive. She’s longing to be outside this weekend, but is doing the important work of growing a baby!
As hard as it is to be patient, she shared encouragement she got from the Lord on a hard day (she’s already been in for 3 weeks!). They did an ultrasound and not only did it show this clear, tiny foot…
but God brought to mind Proverbs 16:9 which she wrote on the back of the picture.
In their heart, humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
What a great reminder for anyone waiting for anything this weekend!
- 1 bag spring salad mix
- 1 bag romaine
- I made my own bacon bits but burned them so ended up using a 3 oz bag of Hormel real applewood smoked bacon bits
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 large granny smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or almonds
- 5 oz Gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbled
Clean lettuce, place in large bowl and top with ingredients – toss.
- You can add more or less of each ingredient – do what you prefer.
- Chop the apple right before serving to prevent it from browning.
- This salad is great with grilled chicken tossed on top for a meal.
- I’m thinking I might try a variation and replace the fruit with blueberries and add red onion
Mary’s Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard (or a little squeeze of Grey Poupon mustard)
- Few twists of fresh cracked pepper Or use 1/8 tsp of reg ground pepper
That’s a little bit of what has delighted me this this week. What about you?