Thanks for stopping by! I pray this will site be a safe place where you’ll receive a little encouragement, laughter, discussion, and inspiration. But the bottom line is that it will only have value as the Holy Spirit breathes life into it. I’m dependent on Him!
The passion of my heart is helping people connect to Jesus in new and creative ways (and some ancient, forgotten ways) . It seems that one of the keys to this connection is just paying attention.
I believe God uses relationships, experiences, and spiritual practices to make us into people who love Him and love others better, but we have to pay attention – to reflect, and interpret and respond. In this blog that is what I’m trying to do. My hope is that you will relate to some of my reflections and weigh in with your own thoughts!!
My goal is to:
- stimulate conversation about the work of God in everyday things
- help incubate ideas, suggest experiments, and provide resources for creative discipleship
- authentically model what it looks like to take God seriously but ourselves not so much, getting it wrong a lot, but majoring in grace.
I typically post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. In 2012, Fridays were devoted to exploring spiritual practices, experiments and resources. This year (2013) we’re devoting Fridays to one word, Fearless . If you would like new posts to be delivered directly to your email account, please be sure to by either:
1) Simply clicking subscribe and then entering your email address under the “Manage Your Posts”;
2) Readers without a WordPress.com account can follow a blog with the button that appears in the lower right-hand corner of WordPress.com sites:
After clicking on the Follow button, a dialog box will pop up asking for the email address where new blog posts should be sent.
Be sure to click on the confirmation link in the email that we send you. Until you’ve confirmed your request to follow, you won’t receive email notifications for new posts and updates.
And then… share your experience, thoughts and insights with me!
If you’re new to my site, you might want to start with some of my most popular posts.